Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Susan Meyer Wants to Clear Something Up

Greetings Friends:

Susan Meyer, the Governor's Counsel's Official in charge of Executive Clemency told me that they don't have a "No Posthumous Pardons" policy in Trenton. She made it clear to me that they just don't have a policy for Posthumous Pardons yet. It has never been done before. No one has ever applied for a posthumous pardon, so they have to develop a way to do it.

I hope that is clear. She has been extremely helpful, and nice and generous with her time.

With the new governor in office, they haven't gotten around to it yet. She asked me (and all of you) to be patient.

I don't want anyone to think that I have hostile feelings for her because they don't give out posthumous pardons.

Don't get me wrong, I still want people to write to the Governor to tell him why he should develop a policy to give James Titus a posthumous pardon. I jus tdon't want people to call them up and be unnecessarily difficult. They're adults, they can take it with a grain of salt, but they don't deserve it.

Thanks everyone.

Erik B. Anderson
Independence Township, New Jersey
Established 1782

More info: http://www.nj.gov/governor/

No comments:

Post a Comment